Saturday, July 25, 2009

new Chris, ashley & Rosenburg interview

Hollywood.com lucky enough to chat with New Moon director Chris Weitz, screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg and star Ashley Greene during New Moon's Comic-Con takeover. They had a lot to share about onscreen chemistry, creating the wolves, and Taylor Lautner's resemblance to a certain Greek god.

Have you made any changes to the vampire makeup you saw in the first movie?
Weitz: There's more consistency between shots, if I were to be just coldblooded about it.The Volturi have a slightly different look, because they're a different breed of vampire altogether. The diamond skin we're remaking. It's gonna be groovy.

How important was Taylor's transformation to make this character work in this film?
Weitz: Well, probably less important to me than it was to fans, because I felt that he had the feeling of the character anyway. It's a bonus that he happens to look like Adonis. He really looks like a cartoon character when he takes his shirt off, in a good way. I don't think any steroids have been employed, he's just incredibly fit. That's great, and that's lovely for the girls, but to me, he was the character.


How much of a cool toy box do you inherit with a sequel to a Twilight movie, with the previous film or from the source material?
Weitz: I inherited a wonderful cast. It was really the main appeal to me, because when I was offered the film I hadn't read the book yet. And I read the book I realized there were these kind of deeper undercurrents, and longing and romance to it. I inherit a huge fanbase, which is incredible for a director, because you know people are going to go see your movie. That's the whole thing you worry about when you're making a film in the first place. It's so expensive to make a film. You work so hard; you make other people work so hard. Knowing that people are going to go see it is tremendously refreshing.

We know the characters are close to people's hearts, but Kristen and Robert have become true superstars, what do you think is the secret of their appeal?
Rosenberg:
Personally for me, it's how genuine they both are. They're both very authentic people; that comes across on the screen.

Greene: They have great chemistry.

Rosenberg: They're chemistry is incredible together, I mean visually as well. I think that sets them apart.



Read the whole thing HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment