Saturday, July 25, 2009

COMICON REPORT



Wake up call 4:30 am.

I arrived to the Hall H line at 5:30 am and was pretty close to the front of the line ( it was packed!!) Burger King was passing out 'Team Edward' or 'Team Jacob' crowns which i stole 9 of-




At 10 am, we were let in in giant groups of about 20 and were led into Hall H ( it holds 6,500 but by the time the New Monn panel came up, about 200 peple were lining the walls without seats )


i ended up getting a seat in about row 25 but had great views of the panel and screens.


The whole auditorium was supprised by a visit from Johnny Depp during the Disney 3d panel. 3 hours, and 45 minutes later, The New Moon panel was introduced


. Rob got the loudest applause, Taylor was second, then Kristen got third ( ashley and chris got minimal applause ) Kristen appeared to have walked right off her "Runaways" set while everyone else was more beautified.



The questions start rolling from the MC and the show begins! (TO READ NEW MOON PANEL TRANSCRIPT CLICK HERE)


Rob talked about filming the hallucinations-

Panelist: And Rob, we also had a chance to talk about this a little earlier, but in the book even though you leave Bella, you’re very much an integral part of her story because you’re constantly in her thoughts, so I know this can be challenging to represent on screen, so I was just wondering how you went about doing that with Chris, representing that.

Rob: Okay, is it on (speaking about his mic)? I did very little to help the situation Chris and the special effects team designed everything, which basically allowed me to stand on a green box and look and stay relatively expressionless and all these machines did the acting for me. Just the way I like it (laughs). (screaming) looks good I hope.


Clip 1 was shown-

Clip 1
Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) and Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) are bent over an antique light blue motorcycle. Jacob wears jeans, a brown t-shirt, and his hair is long. As Bella sits on the motorcycle, Jacob guides her hands (touching!) over the handles. "Brake. Clutch. Gas," he reminds her. Bella revs the engine. "Slowly release the clutch," says Jacob.

Suddenly, Bella sees the translucent apparition of Edward, a concerned look on his face, standing in front of her. We can see him, but also see through him. Bella stutters the engine and causes it to lurch to a stop. she tells jake she wants to do it and he looks confused/concerned. Bella tries to ride it again and speeds off.

As she zooms down the road, Bella gains speed. She zooms by another apparition of Edward, standing in her path. She speeds by another. Losing focus, Bella swerves and falls from the bike, hitting her head on a rock.

Jacob speeds over to Bella on his own bike, coming to a stop with a flourish. He hops off the bike and rushes to Bella's side. She is bewildered, and blood gushes from a gash on her forehead.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Jacob asks. Bella apologizes for the blood, but hes just concerned about her. he says"youre apologizing for bleeding? its just blood Bella

"

He takes a step back, the camera following his every move. Jacob strips off his shirt, revealing a six-pack, and bends down to dab Bella's wound with it. Their faces come very close.

"You're so beautiful," she tells him. Emotion flashes across his face.At first we really see how it makes him sad (because he knows she still in love with edward) the a mask of defensiveness creeps over his face and he seems a little angry. he says" how hard did you hit your head? no more bikes"

END SCENE. TWILIGHTERS SCREAM.

Taylor shares his thoughts on acting shirtlesss-

Q: I was just wondering, my question is for everyone, um, how has it been different to film in Vancouver, as opposed to Portland? And how is the, um, the fan response to it been different from the first filming?

Taylor: But both places are cold and wet. They’re beautiful, don’t get me wrong, but it’s just not fun not wearing any clothes there. (screaming)


Q: Taylor this is for you. How is it filming, like, half naked with the random weather conditions in Vancouver? And also for fans who want to see it, can you do a back flip for us? (screaming)



Chris: I’m just gonna say, please don’t because we don’t want you to hurt yourself.

Taylor: Alright, let me answer the first half of that.

Audience Member: Ok.


Taylor: It was, it was quite cold. Umm and she got to, I mean… We did this scene where it was raining and umm, it wasn’t really raining and um, it wasn’t really raining that day, or actually a little bit but, we needed it to rain harder so we used this rain tower rain, which is straight from the wells? Is that true?

Chris: It’s cold to start with.

Taylor: It’s so cold. So yeah, all I was wearing was jean shorts, and to have to, it was a long scene and to have to stand out there, and we did that scene all day long, you know, for twelve hours. It was really really cold, so it was hard, but I’m…doing it all for you guys.

the cast lists their person anticipated scenes-

Q: My question, well first of all, one of my legs is shorter than the other too, but my question for all of you is what are you most looking forward to in the upcoming films?

Ashley: Umm, I mean I’m one, very excited to be able to work with David Slade, I think he’s going to be really fun to work with, but umm, I’m really excited about this whole intense fight scene we’re supposed to have.

Taylor: I’m excited for the height of the love triangle, and me and this guy (nodding toward Rob) have to try and become friends to protect Bella. The sleeping bag scene! The sleeping bag scene!

Kristen: I can’t wait to actually get pregnant.

Rob: I actually think being involved in the cesarean would be…(laughs) I just can’t wait! (Laughs)about

(Crowd screams “I love you Taylor)

Kristen: Me too (points at Taylor)


casts' most funny memory-



Q: Hi, my question is for the whole cast. When you were filming New Moon, what was the funniest memory you have on set?

Chris: I think it was seeing me on set everyday….pretending to be the director.

Taylor: With your stick?

Chris: I uh, I grew attached, because we shot a lot of scenes to the forest, to having a stick on hand, kind of like Gandalf the wizard. Under the assumption that it would give me an air of authority, which it absolutely didn’t. I suppose that would be the most unintentionally funny monent.

Kristen: I like the way your clothes fit you. It was freezing cold and he would wear, like you know, at least six different shirts when he could have worn one big sweater, but it was like (motions of pulling her shirt down).

Chris: It was always because I had it in the back of my mind that I always thought that, you know, on the days when, you know Taylor and Kristen are in the rain what I’ll do like, is I’ll actually, to show fellow feeling, is I’ll just wear a t-shirt, or even you know, just strip down, and then I saw them. I was like, screw that, it’s pretty cold so, give me some extra layers.





rob says how his life has changed-

Q; My question is, how much have you guys prospered from everything? Like, does it make you stronger, being Edward Cullen?

Rob: Um, (howls from the audience) (audience member yells “you’re sexy!”) Uuuuuh,no, not really. No, I mean, at the end of the day, it’s just a part. You just go into it, and like, you know, your life, you’re walking along the street, as a really bad analogy, you step on, like, a little stone, and it just kind of flies away and you have no idea where it’s going. And then you kind of…are maybe just trying not to drown afterwards. And that’s, uh, yeah. That’s my life. (Rob laughs) See, that was really terrible.

Chris: That was a really bizarre analogy…(Rob laughs harder)

Chris: I’d actually like to add, though I’m sure you much rather hear from the actors, but I would like to say just one thing. Which is that, the last film that I made was re-cut by the studio, uh, and my, my, uh, experience with it ended up being quite a terrible one. And this has been entirely different for both dealing with Summit, and, and dealing with this young cast (screams), um, as much as, uh, you know, they’ve said some very kind things about me, uh, which I told them to (laughter). But, um, uh, it’s been a tremendously rejuvenating process for me. I now remember , uh, how much fun it can be to make a film, and that really comes from the people that you work with.

(clapping and cheers from the audience)


Taylor talks about acting as a Native American-

Q: My question is for Taylor. Um, I’m 1/8 Quilute, and 1/8 Cherokee Indian, so you playing a Native American, have you learned anything about them, or their cultures, or any of their traditions?

Taylor: Um, yes. For Twilight, I actually had the opportunity to have some Quilute Indians come to Portland, and I actually had the opportunity to have dinner with them, I was like “so what do you do in your free time? What do you do for fun?” And he was like “Uh, you know, I play basketball, I go to the beach.” And I was like “what do you do at the beach? Throw the football around?” And he goes “No, I check out girls.” (laughter) He was really funny! So, the interesting thing that I learned is that they’re JUST like me. They do the same things I do. (puzzled expression) No, ex that! (taylor laughs at his mistake but the girls scream)Um, so yeah.

Chris: Taylor, uh, actually speaks some Quilute in New Moon. It’s true.

Taylor: It’s true. I do get to say a Quilute line. I’m excited for you guys to hear it!

(audience members shouting for Taylor to say the line)

Chris: You’ll have to wait. It’s very important


final question of the night-



Panelist: . Um, I was just wondering if you could each kind of touch upon the increase in the size and scope of New Moon, over the first movie.

Rob: Yeah, I mean it’s…it was different doing this because of the aesthetic, which Chris shows and so with that…I mean I have always found with Edward, I mean…you know his whole character is obviously about restraint and so, I always found it quite difficult of how to incorporate movement to allow how to move as the character, and so it’s really…it was…In New Moon it felt like, uh, a lot of the shots seemed to be set up so I can have as little movement as possible, and that actually really helped. It is, I didn’t have to drive, it was always camera movements that, that um, drove scenes. So I just look like I’m a machine, the cameras did everything.

Chris: You just wanted to expend as little energy as possible, as it’s supposed to look.

Rob: Taylor can do all the energy of moving around and stuff, I can just stand there, literally every scene.

Chris: Ah, but you had a good fight scene, it was a very good fight scene.

Rob: Oh yeah, but….

Panelist: Oh no Rob, I’m sorry go ahead, go ahead

Rob: Yeah I know, I mean also with the…because the difference with Catherine and Chris, the way Catherines aesthetic and Chris’s aesthetic changes. Catherine was much, she used a lot of zoom and stuff. There was a lot more handheld and it’s quite difficult to look uh, like graceful um, when you’re doing that, and then this is a lot more flowing camera movements and stuff so you can see kind of it’s a dance with the cameras so even that the fight scene at the end, which I do, it seems its all about…its almost kind of balletic. So, it kind of felt more, right, I think.



Clip #2 is introduced to the world-

Panelist: Well thank you guys so much for coming out here today. Chris, I think…Do you have anything else you want to tell all the audience?

Chris: Umm, there is another scene which we (screams drown him out). This was a…I don’t know…or not, but uhh, there’s a moment toward the end of the book. Well, actually about 3/4 of the way through the book, where Alice and Bella are racing to save Edward. And this is actually the first time this footage has been seen, by anyone outside of the editing room actually.



Clip 2: Alice and Bella are winding through the streets of Volterra, slowed by massive crowds of townspeople in red robes, celebrating the festival. Bella jumps out of the car.

Bella looks frazzled and deathly afraid shes confused, "alice?" she asks "You're the only one he can't see. He'll be under the clock tower. Go!" says Alice.

Bella races through the crowded city. We see her at times in slow motion.

She fights her way through the crowd, stopping at the fountain in the middle of the square, she plows through it . In slow motion, she looks up to see Edward who looks like death. He is so sad looking and unattached,he slowly unbuttons his shirt just moments away from revealing himself in the sunlight. He opens his shirt to expose his pale chest and abs. (crowd goes INSANE!)

Bella screams out to Edward. "Stop! Stop! No Edward, don't!"

He takes a step forward.You see his shoe in a ray of sunlight.

END SCENE. CROWD GOES WILD.

Panelist: The film opens everywhere on November 20th and you can get more info at www.newmoonthemovie.com . Thank you for coming out to the Summit Entertainment panel, we appreciate it.


READ FULL PANEL TRANSCRIPT HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment