Monday, May 25, 2009

New Moon extra account



At around
10pm, it’s our turn. When arrived in front of the door, Chris Weitz’s assistant, Bill, arranged the order of all the cars. Every time he looked at me and my car, he smiled. They then began tests with the Porsche, with Bella’s and Alice’s stunt doubles. And here’s the funny part: Alice had a stunt MAN, instead of a woman. He was wearing a headscarf, sunglasses, a red leather glove and a long grey coat with big silver buttons. Bella’s stunt double, instead, was dressed very simply, wearing only a green sweater and jeans.

The tests of the Porsche were seemingly never-ending, they really wanted it to be perfect. They did not overlook even the smallest detail: everything -from the placement of the car to all the car sounds- had to be just right. They even were overly careful with all the red flags placed around Montepulciano. The crew was sweaty and shouting us to get in our places, to which we obliged. Bill (Weitz’s assistant) was always calm and smiling, every once in a while stopping to talk to us on set.

They kept lunch light, and after we ate, they began placing all of us in different spots and alley ways in the city. In one of the takes, I hit the left side of my car’s roof on the video camera. The cameraman gave me a look that said: “That was the ninth take, it was going perfect, and then YOU -a small, inane nobody, ruined it. I wanted to shrink smaller than a grain of sand and disappear. Everyone around me gave me a dirty look. When the cameraman saw my expression, he said “Don’t worry, it wasn’t your fault. Just pretend the camera isn’t here and go on like you normally would. It was actually my fault, I should’ve been more attentive.” I felt better right away, and we reshot the take another 3 times.


read the full story HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment